Adoption Criteria, Policy and Procedure:
- Age requirement: Applicant must be 18 years or older
- Adoption Application: Completed form with information about the applicant, their home, their history of pet ownership, a vet reference and (3) personal references. Verified.
- ID: A state issued photo id
- Interview: An interview is conducted to ensure that the applicant can provide for the pet’s health and well being. This takes into consideration:
* the applicant and their lifestyle
* the pet and the pet’s needs
* home ownership or landlord permission
* the home environment
* other household members
* other household pets
- Meet & Greet: An opportunity for the applicant to interact with the pet.
Also, an opportunity for other household members and/or pets to interact with the pet.
- Home Visit
- Adoption Agreement: Signed by the applicant stating they agree to the terms of adoption, and to notify RSVP if their circumstances change which compromise their commitment to the pet.
- Follow-up phone call and/or visit
$85 Cats (Adult, one year or older)
$125 Kittens (less than one (1) year)
$85 Dogs (Adult, one (1) year or older)
$200 Dogs (20lbs or less; pedigrees)
$275 Puppies (less than one (1) year)
donation Seniors (nine (9) years or older; special needs; hard to adopt pets)
* Exceptions on a case by case basis will be decided through the adoption screening process
Adoption Fees Include:
- age appropriate vaccinations (rabies, distemper, other)
- parasite free (deworming, flea/tick/earmite free)
- testing (heartworm for dogs, SNAP (feline aids/leukemia) for cats)